Monday, June 21, 2010

Phone Happiness!


Wooo! So FINALLY today I got a new phone! Have been looking for almost 1.5 years and managed to make the plunge. The phone I purchased is the Nokia 5230. Not the most exciting phone in the world, but it did satisfy a few needs.

  1. Unlocked. I HATE my ATT locked Sony Ericsson phone
  2. GPS w/Navigation. Since I am in a new country having GPS would be very handy. Nokia recently started offering free OVI maps/GPS with their phones so this worked out nicely
  3. 3G speeds. Data is expensive here especially since I am using Pre-Paid, but if I am going to pay for it, I'd prefer it to be fast
  4. Large display. I don't know the details, but the display is nice
Other than that, mainly it was cost. I don't want to spend a lot of money now so for 120€ it was not too expensive. Once I get a job and things settle down, I'll maybe buy a new phone, but for now, this should work.

By the way, the photo above is taken at 11:41PM :) and tonight is the longest day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment