Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 19th.. Long Walk.. and Rain...

So I am on the hunt for a new mobile phone.. I hate...HATE the Sony Ericsson phone I have and have been looking for a new one for the past year and a half. Jano loves phone shopping so he was eager to go with me today.

The issue I have with phones is I need/want something with GPS/Maps so when I am traveling around Finland I know where I am going. This is also important so when I am going to a job interview I have some clue where I am going. I am paper-map challenged, so the digital version works well for me.

I have my mind set on the Nokia 5230 . Its an OK phone.. but i know back home I can get it for $100 where here its between 119-120€... which works out to be about $135.00.. and.. its an older phone.. while its newer in the USA, its been discontinued in Europe... So anyway price for features, its got what I want.

So we went to Giganti a large electronics store in Tampere... They had the phone for 119€ but were out of stock til Wednesday. Well I want the phone NOW so we walked back into town and went to the Musta Porssi store.. they don't have it... went to DNA... they don't have it... walked to Elisa where they do have it.. but they closed 3 minutes before we got there... so.. they won't be open til Monday... went to another DNA store and they didnt have it.. and the 2nd Elisa store we went to did not have it either.. so.. no phone :o/


So anyway walked back home.. had planned to go out.. but now its raining and neither of us feel like getting soaked... so hanging out at home tonight... at least we are saving money....

No comments:

Post a Comment