Monday, August 9, 2010

Good News?

Well I applied for my residence permit July 23rd. The normal time frame for permits to be processed is about 62 days. Today, I received an email from immigration services asking for my passport to be sent to their offices in Helsinki.

From what I am told, this is good news. It should indicate that my permit has been processed and approved.. and.. wow.. in two and a half weeks?

So.. I am nervous about mailing it there, so I have two friends who are going to Helsinki today and they are going to drop my passport off at immigration. Once immigration has it they will mail it back within a few days.. hopefully with some nice stickers saying i'm legally able to live in Finland :O)

Now.. this poses a problem as we did not think it would happen this quickly... We are stuck in Tampere until Sept 1st as thats when Jano's lease on his flat expires. The meeting with the relocation agency to look for flats in Helsinki isnt until August 12th... with the expectation that we will move at the end of the month.

My company would like me to start ASAP once my permit is approved so it looks like I may commute four hours a day from Tampere to Helsinki until we get a flat. But hopefully the relocation agency will be able to find something nice for us and maybe we can move in sooner than expected... but for now happy about the news and just waiting to find out if what I have been told is really happening.........

No comments:

Post a Comment